Who we are.
Our award-winning Equity Research team offers outstanding opportunities for highly motivated graduates to develop professionally. Equity Research associates are given heightened levels of responsibility and visibility very early in their careers. As a research associate, you will value stocks using various methodologies, conduct primary industry research using the supply-chain approach, and develop investment theses on stocks by piecing together multiple data points. Our ultimate goal is to train you to become an industry expert, thereby making you interchangeable with your analyst on multiple levels. Comprised of approximately 60 fundamental equity analysts covering more than 1,100 companies, our team has been ranked a top 10 provider of equity research in North America, boasting accolades from Greenwich Associates, The Wall Street Journal and StarMine/Thomson Reuters.
The Raymond James Equity Research department is a cornerstone of the firm. We are a top provider of equity research both in North America and globally in terms of companies covered, and in providing insightful, timely and comprehensive information. Our analysts provide stock investment ideas through ratings and recommended lists, and also provide insights on public policy and institutional equity strategy. Our "go deep" approach focuses on select industries and results in coverage of large-, medium- and small-cap companies across those industries.
Equity Research Associate Program
Launch your career.
Raymond James Equity Research is the ideal place to launch your career in the financial services industry. Our team offers outstanding opportunities for highly motivated graduates to gain both knowledge and a highly transferable skill set through the Equity Research Associate program.
- Small teams; typically a 1:1 relationship with your senior analyst
- Heightened level of responsibility and visibility early in your career
- Networking opportunities with C-suite executives
- Opportunity to deepen industry knowledge, and hone transferrable skills such as analysis, writing, financial modeling, public speaking and presentation skills
Research Associate Description
- Develop in-depth understanding of companies and industry
- Track company-specific news and alert analysts to important developments
- Track industry and macro economic news that affect your assigned sector
- Create and maintain financial models in Excel, including forecasts
- Develop understanding of accounting and reporting issues
- Write timely reports on breaking news and write detailed reports on new initiations of coverage
- Perform valuation analyses
- Represent analyst by presenting morning/afternoon sales meetings
- Communicate with institutional investors, and interact with other areas of equity capital markets
Minimum two-year commitment, no cut-off date
- Deadline to apply for fall recruiting is September 8, 2019 for a start in June following graduation
- New hires are assigned to an industry group based on a combination of your geographic and industry preference, plus group needs
- Candidates with a 3.5 GPA or higher are preferred
First Year Requirements
- Secure SIE within three months of hire
- Series 86, Series 87 and possibly Series 63/66 licenses within first year of hire
- Complete RA Project – write, analyze, establish rating and present a research report entirely on your own
We have a level of responsibility and exposure that often takes longer to achieve, ranging from interaction with company management teams and investors to internal leadership.
Equity Research Internship Program
Discover career opportunities.
The Raymond James Equity Research team offers outstanding internship opportunities for highly motivated students interested in gaining hands-on experience in understanding stocks and markets.
- Gain exposure to all areas of equity capital markets at Raymond James, including institutional equity sales and trading
- Opportunity to participate in conference calls with C-suite executives
- Hone writing, analysis, excel, and time management skills
- Learn to identify market-moving news, become familiar with industry jargon
- Avoid competitive fall recruiting
- Potential for permanent Research Associate job offer at conclusion of internship
- Develop basic understanding of stocks and markets
- Perform project-based assignments working with various analysts across multiple sectors
- Track industry and macroeconomic news and assess the impact on specific stocks
- Assist in writing timely drafts of reports on breaking news
- Assist in maintaining financial models in Excel
- Work with research associates on preparing valuation analyses
- Attend daily sales meetings
Requirements and Timeline
- Internships are intended for students in the summer between their junior and senior years.
- Resume collection and interviews: July-August
- Offers extended: August-September
- Internship schedule: early June through mid-August
- Candidates with a 3.5 GPA or higher are preferred
- Candidates must be permanently eligible to work in the United States.
A powerful presence across various industries.
With Raymond James, you’ll have the chance to stretch not only professionally, but geographically. Raymond James Equity Research has offices in nine cities across the U.S.
Ready to take your next step?
Explore Global Equities & Investment Banking opportunities to launch your career at Raymond James.